Her most recent position has been Minister of Foreign Affairs and Worship of the Argentine Republic, from December 2015 to June 2017.
She took the job after more than eleven years of experience in the United Nations.
From April 2012 to December 2015, she was the Chef de Cabinet (Chief of Staff) of the Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon.
Previously, she led the Department of Field Support (DFS) for Peace Missions, based in New York, as Under-Secretary General of the United Nations.
In 2004, she joined the World Food Programme (WFP) in Rome, as an Assistant Secretary General and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Before starting in the United Nations, she had almost twenty-five years in the private sector. From January 1993 she worked in Telecom Argentina, retiring in 2002 as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). She started my professional development in IBM Argentina, joining shortly after obtaining an Engineering degree from the University of Rosario.
- Gran Cruz de Mérito Militar con distintivo blanco (Kingdom of Spain), 2011
- United Nations Foundation, Global Leadership Award, en el 2011
- Cóndor de los Andes en Gran Cruz (Plurinational State of Bolivia), 2016
- Gran Cruz de la Real Orden de Isabel la Católica (Kingdom of Spain), 2016
- Orden al Mérito Cavalieri di Gran Croce (Italian Republic), 2017
- Induction to the International Hall of Fame, International Women´s Forum (IWF), 2017
- Orden de Bernardo O´Higgins (Republic of Chile), 2018
- Founding Member of the Argentine Chapter of the International Women´s Forum (www.iwforum.org.ar), Buenos Aires
- Marianne, Association of French-Argentinian Women, Honorary Member (www.marianne-argentina.com.ar), Buenos Aires
- External Advisor and Leader of the Latin America Political Observatory, School of International Relations, Instituto de Empresa (www.ie.edu/school-international-relations), Madrid
- Member of the Aspen Ministers Forum (AMF), Aspen Institute (www.aspeninstitute.org)
- Member of the Board of the Inter American Dialogue (www.thedialogue.org), Washington DC
- Member of the Atlantic Council, Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center (http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/programs/adrienne-arsht-latin-america-center), Washington DC
- Member of the Board of the Kofi Annan Foundation (kofiannanfoundation.org), Geneva
- Member of the Brookings Foreign Policy Leadership Council (www.brookings.edu/foreign-policy-leadership-council), Washington DC
- Member of the Global Future Council on Geopolitics, World Economic Forum (www.weforum.org), Davos
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group (ICG), http://www.crisisgroup.org